Monday 2 November 2009

Industrial Experience

These are two commissions that I've done recently and my client was the Xtreme radio station in Swansea. They chose to use me as their designer because I have done some work for the University of Sansea student union in the past and my name was passed along to them.

The first design that they wanted from me was to design for a hoodie using one colour ink. This was the design that they chose out of the selection that I offered to them.

I count this as my first pice of real industrial experience because this is the first that I've been paid for and it was a proper discussion between client and designer as to what was required of me.

In the past I've designed posters, and the clients seemed ready to accept what I first offered them. This client and I had to work together properly in order to produce something that both parties were happy with.

This is the design put onto a hoodie template to give a good idea of where the designs were to be placed. The boombox on the pocket never made it onto the hoodie and I'm glad because I look at this design now and wish I'd never put it there. It looks ridiculously out of place. Good call, client.

These are two photographs of what the product looked like in use when it had been mass produced. Apparently they sold out very quickly because they were in such high demand. That makes me feel pretty good because I got some very good feedback for the design.

He seems pretty happy with his. Mine is in the post.

This is the second design that I hav done for the same company a little more recently. The wanted t-shirts to wear and to sell while taking the radio station on a bit of a tour. These haven't yet been produced but I'm loking foreward to seeing them in action.
Again, this design required a bit of negotiation between client and designer. I've already been old that the next time they need something doing, they're going to come to me because of how popular the hoodies seemed to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment