Tuesday 18 January 2011

Portfolio Surgery with Tom Eales, Plus Minus Design

So today I had my first portfolio surgery with Tom Eales, and it was safe to say that I was pretty nervous. I knew that these were casual and all but still, I was nervous about seeing him and showing him my portfolio.

Anyway, I was nervous about nothing. It went really well and I got a lot out of it. I think my idea of creating a folder for my portfolio rather than having it in the standard black folder went down really well as I was told that it looked instantly professional, which was most excellent.

He really liked my work, in particular my Tea Hugger brief, which I had at the front of my portfolio. Which is where it's going to stay and be the first piece of work that people see of mine. He liked the layout and the clean white look of my portfolio and thought I had a good number of pieces in there. He mentioned maybe getting some print finishes on it to make it a little less flat, like spot varnishing the logo on the front of my folder and maybe on each of the pages.

The format would work really well as a miniature mail-out version and he mentioned perhaps adding something extra at the back of the mail out, like one of the teabags from the Tea Hugger range. It's definitely something to consider and something that would perhaps make people remember my work more.

Other things included re-ordering the work in my PDF and making the size smaller to be easily emailed and to add it to my website as a download-able option.

No comments:

Post a Comment