Friday 15 January 2010

Creative CVs

Here are some examples of graphic design CVs I have discovered through trawling through the internet. These are some of the more interesting ones that I've come across, because some have been atrocious. We are graphic designers. There is simple, and then there's just not bothering at all.

Chuck D. Lay

I like this because of the way it has been laid out to look like the classified/job section of a newspaper. Nice pun.

H. Sercan Tunali.

I particularly like this because of the strange format, and the fact that one has to physically turn it in order to keep reading. Also, it's absolutely beautiful, a mix of traditional and digital work. Which I love.

Plus, the CV, just by looking at it, makes it obvious that the designer is into his illustration.

This is why I want mine to be print based, because that is what I love.

This CV below, by Hilary Babcock, is my favourite out of this batch. Why? Because I love things that you can hold. I prefer something tactile to something on screen. This is why I like designing for print so much. I want to have a CV that somebody can hold and feel the texture of and play with. I want something that will stick in people's minds.

I don't want to be another online CV that will say pretty much the same things as everyone else's. Obviously, I will need to have an online CV for people who are finding me over the internet, but for the most part, I want my CV to be tactile.

Even if I have to mail it out.

Krista Gregg
This, by Steve Frampton, is another favourite out of all of the CVs I have come across and it is one of the first that I found. I like it because it's tactile, and it's different, and it is remarkably similar to a Pantone colour swatch book, which all Graphic Designers should be horrifyingly familiar with. So as well as being an interesting, hands on idea, it is in a format that links directly to industry. How clever.

No comments:

Post a Comment