Friday 26 March 2010

Portfolio feedback



This is my first attempt at the mini portfolio that we made as part of the PPD task of emailing our portfolio out to some of our 'design heroes'. I don't really have heroes, so I just made a list of the agencies whose work I really like and some of those were people who'd done talks at the uni for us, which I suppose was a bit of an in. The more I look at this first attempt, the more I cringe and think 'ergh'. But don't we all?

In truth I only sent this one out to one person, Alex at The Consult, and the feedback I got from him really drove it home that this was not a good portfolio. This is what I got from him.

'Hi Hannah,

My main issue is none of your work is summarised and the images are
really tight, so I can't really tell what I'm looking at. Try looking
at it as if this is the first sight of your folio – needs some
explaining or clearer visuals.

Hope that helps,

Alex'

Which is fair enough. I really don't like this portfolio
and am going to get right on doing another one.

No comments:

Post a Comment